Monday, November 4, 2013

A golden glow


Some Autumns are just prettier than others 

This happened to be one of those years



Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all other seasons

~ Jim Bishop





Exeter looked particularly lovely bathed in a golden glow as I strolled through town in my flip-flops on a warm afternoon.




In our own yard the leaves fell fast, furious and plentiful. Corralling them as quickly as possible is always the goal of my husband. Leaving a pile for the dogs to run through is a must, at least for a couple weeks anyway.











The oranges, the reds ... oh my! Framed by a blue sky the trees look amazing!





Autumn blazes full speed ahead. Each fleeting day a difference can be seen in color and light. The golds of the leaves can only be matched by the golds of late afternoon shadows.












May Autumn be as beautiful where you live as it is here in New England. 

Though I doubt it ...  ; )


20 comments:

Jayne said...

Just gorgeous Sharon!

Stephanie said...

So gorgeous! we do live in the prettiest country!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful colors of Fall in your part of the country. Some color here, but not as much as you have now.
Hope you are having a great week.

Pamela Gordon said...

It certainly is beautiful there with all the golden glow around. I love the photos of the big old maples, the old houses and the leaves on the ground. Gorgeous!

Laura said...

Since we really don't have fall in Arizona, I'm loving your pictures, Sharon! I also like your new blog header - so pretty!

Custom Comforts said...

Beautiful as always Sharon! We're having a spectacularly beautiful fall here too. Every color seems deeper and brighter than I ever remember. But alas, soon they will all be down and ready for raking - such is life.
Thanks for sharing a wee bit of New England!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon. Our autumn arrived late and we didn't get near the color that New England did sorry to say. I love that you were strolling in your flip flops. Sounds very appealing. Your photos are filling me with envy as always... xox

BELLE BLANC said...

Your are indeed blessed with a beautiful autumn in New England... gorgeous Pictures!
Mira

Teri said...

Beautiful pics!!! I always enjoy your blog so much. Thank you for sharing!

WPgirl said...

Fabulous. The reds in Southwest lower Michigan aren't very pretty this year but the yellows are beautiful.
Lynda in Michigan.

Jan's camera said...

Hi Sharon,
Wonderful post. Your photos are gorgeous. There is nothing as beautiful as Autumn.

Susan said...

It IS a glorious season, isn't it, Sharon?

Your photos are just stunning. Loved every single one. Susan

Chrissykat said...

Just gorgeous & my favorite season. But, as I live in the desert, I rarely get to see such beauty in person. Autumn is simply magical.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Stunning, breathtaking pictures!

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous! How I miss fall in New England!

Lynda said...

Beautiful photos, Sharon! New England is always lovely. :)

Carolyn said...

Beautiful!!!

Mary said...

Your images are golden, Sharon. We've had a red and golden Autumn but not as lovely as this.

Sheilagh said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I love your blog......have a great rest of the week!