Sunday, August 26, 2012

The good life



If you lived here I would definitely consider it 'the good life'. Even just being able to enjoy the day in such a beautiful place was good. Very good indeed.




These images were shot on a recent afternoon in Cape Porpoise, Maine from a small connector bridge on Pier Road.

If you're in the area head on over to the island and have lunch at the Cape Pier Chowder House. It's very fair priced with an excellent view and delicious food! Parking is sketchy though. We were just lucky to snag a spot on the side of road. The island is small so parking is at an absolute premium! 
















As you can see the tide was quite low.  It looks like a real zen moment for the gentleman out there by himself. Being a person who cherishes those moments of solitude it's almost like I can hear his thoughts.






Turning around this is the view from the other side of the bridge: a family out on the water for the day. Grandparents, children, and grandchildren. The two smaller boats were being towed by the power boat. Love the little dog wearing a life vest! I should have zoomed in on that!





Unlike the images above this sailboat shot was taken in Kennebunkport, just down the road from George Bush Sr's home. 

Have you ever been to the area? Judging by the amount of people in Kennebunkport I'm guess you were there the same day as me! LOL!





21 comments:

Country Girl said...

Oh, how beautiful! Never been to Kennebunkport but would love to visit.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Never been there, but enjoyed seeing your pictures of an enjoyable day.
Have a great week.

Kerri Farley said...

Looks like paradise!

Jayne said...

All the photos you post of the coast make me sigh Sharon. Lovely way to start my day. :c)

Larry said...

Main is a beautiful state and I really like your photos. I've spent most of my time fishing inland near Jackman and in Aroostook County.I do need to visit more of the shoreline areas.

Stephanie said...

How beautiful! my best friend is in Ongonquit right now, and my dad will be going shortly too. I'm jealous! We were in Maine last year and loved it. Amazing shots, as always!

Unknown said...

Your photos are beautiful! I've never been to that restaurant, nor even heard of it. I guess we'll have to check it out!

Susan said...

Sure looks like a lovely spot, Sharon. Susan

Susannah said...

Yes, we have been to Kennebunkport and Porpoise Bay. Gorgeous area! Loved going there. Great pics, Sharon. You make me feel as if I went there on vacation again.

Gloria Baker said...

love these pics too!:)

Carol Mattingly said...

Oh but for the beauty that is Maine. You make me yearn to visit there again this next summer. Carol

Judy said...

I, for one, was not there, so I only have your photos to tell me what the day was like...
It was a lovely day...

Custom Comforts said...

So pretty Sharon. Makes me sad to know what we missed this summer.
Cindy

GailO said...

Any life by the water would be a good life! Love these blue, summery photos! Maine is so beautiful!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Maine is so beautiful. I could look at beach photos all day long. Better yet I could sit at the beach all day long and just gaze at the ocean.

Sheilagh said...

Looks heavenly...

The Retired One said...

Sure looks like a wonderful place to visit, loved sharing the experience through your lens!! Thanks:-)

Georgianna said...

Beautiful, Sharon!! Imagine having that yellow house for the summer. :)

I've never been to that part of the country but one day I will!

Hope you are well and have a super weekend.

G

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful place, Sharon! I've haven't been to Maine in years...hopefully we'll get back there soon. As usual, your photos captured it perfectly!

Donna said...

I absolutely love your pictures. They help me feel like I'm home again in New England. :) I hope you've had a nice summer!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous place that would be to live year round... oohing and aaahing happening here.