Monday, August 4, 2008

Blueberry Coffee Cake








Tis the season for Blueberries and since they are quite plentiful right now, we shall make many recipe's that call for all things BLUE! That is of course when there are enough Blueberries left over after everyone eats them out of the bowl ... the best way of course. And the most healthy I might add.



I found this recipe in a magazine several years ago and although I don't usually copy them down, since most aren't that good, this one looked particularly yummy and has proven it's worth many times.

The only thing that could make it any better would be a dollop of whipped cream and a cup of coffee





BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE

2 cups Flour
3/4 cups Sugar
2 t. Baking Powder
Dash of Salt
1/3 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Milk


Mix all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients one at a time, and stir until moist. Mixture will be rather thin. Pour into a greased 7x11 or 8x11 baking pan. I actually used an 8x8 in this post for a thicker cake but you'll need to cook it longer and test every few minutes to make sure it's baked all the way through.

Top with:

2 cups Fresh Blueberries
1/3 cup Sugar, mixed with 1 teaspoon Cinnamon


Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

* A link to my Blueberry Muffin recipe : )

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sharon, it is so cruel of you to show off another treat when you know I live thousands of miles away. This looks scrumptious!!!
Nancy who will soon be a fatty

Laura said...

I just bought some blueberries yesterday - this looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing. I'm now hungry!

sillygrrl said...

I agree with Nancy, you are cruel to us (hungry) readers...
I'm now officially starving, and I want this to eat! How much would shipping a slice to me in Canada be you think?

A New England Life said...

Well for goodness sakes ladies, let's all make some cake, grab a cup of coffee, or tea, and EAT!

: )

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm just lovin' all the pictures of your fur babies. That video of Phineas paw scratching was adorable.

This blueberry coffee cake looks yummy!

Brandee :-)

Unknown said...

Knock Knock Knock
hellooooo...any cake left? *holds out empty plate*

A New England Life said...

Nope, no cake left : (

If I know you're coming in advance I'll be sure to make one just for you : ) Maybe you should have Carlos bake one for you??? To redeem his lack of bedmaking skills.