Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Applecrest Farm


There's nothing like spring blooms and blue skies to bring renewed inspiration for photography







It's been quite a while since I've been to Applecrest Farm in Hampton Falls so I had no idea they served ice cream. I'll have to go back very soon and get myself a cone! I'm all about a cardboard tasting plain cone. lol! A cup just won't do. 





Lovely, lovely blooms. 

Warm days bring about their delicate demise all to soon. Today there are very few trees still fully in flower. Most of the apple trees were almost flowerless during this shoot last week.

Baltimore Orioles are back. The gurgle in their song is a dead giveaway. Hummers have returned too, though I've only seen one. And the Grey Tree Frogs are coming back to life in the evenings. Funny little frogs they are!









I can't help but look at these apple trees and think of Fall. And who doesn't love Fall? Apples hanging heavy on tree limbs, cider, donuts, cool nights, warm days ... it's what comes after that makes me shudder. Winter left an indelible mark on us all here in the Northeast.





Sweet Bee . . . .

can you see him?










Always pristine. This house sits adjacent to the farm. White on white, I just think it's so pretty!

Hard to believe the warm days of summer are just around the corner. Finally the days we've been dreaming of for so long have arrived. And not a moment to soon! 

As I finish up this post it's time for my husband and I to head out and enjoy this gorgeous, sunny, warm Wednesday before the rain arrives tonight. I'm thinking lunch at the Beach Pea in Kittery. What are you up to today?




15 comments:

Georgianna said...

As always your photos are so dreamy and beautiful, Sharon. I'm glad to see you enjoying such a lovely time after the winter you experienced. Thank you so much for sharing! x

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I always enjoy seeing your photos of your part of the country. So pretty.
Yes - Winter left a bad memory for people here also. Everyone I have talked with said they have never had as high utility bills as had this Winter. Many said they won't complain about the heat this Summer, but suspect that will change come July and August. :-D
Enjoy your evening

Pamela Gordon said...

There's nothing like a cone of ice cream on a hot day! What a beautiful building the ice cream shop is located in. It looks to be very old as the gorgeous house is. Just look at all those pretty pink tulips lining the edge of the street! And then, there's all the pretty blossoms. We haven't even started to blossom here but I think it will be soon. Enjoy the spring.

Jo said...

So perfectly New England! I have only seen one other NE house in white on white before. Exuding charm.

Country Girl said...

How nice to see you, Sharon. It was rainy here most of the day.
Lovely images here. Yes, that white house is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I wish I could go to Kittery with you... :) We had rain last night, so today will be a bit muggy and warm. Just a wee bit too warm for us.

Love those lights in the ice cream eatery. Makes me want to go buy some for my porch... I wonder if they would attract bugs or not, but they sure are pretty and set a nice mood that really makes you crave ice cream...

Pretty photos today!

Pieced Pastimes said...

One of our family traditions is to venture out to Applecrest for a visit or two each fall during apple season. I didn't realize they had ice cream during the summer. We will have to stop by. There is nothing prettier than the orchard in full bloom and your photos captured the splendor beautifully. As always, thanks for sharing.
Suzanne
Pieced Pastimes

Lynda said...

The apple blossoms are beautiful, Sharon! The farm looks like a lovely spot to visit. Nice to see a post from you! xo

Janice Badger Nelson said...

Love the beautiful pictures! I miss New England so much.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Such a lovely place! I miss flowering trees, they're so gorgeous.

Unknown said...

New England such a dreamy place I Love your blog and the photos are so gorgeous I get completely lost in them. Thanks for the amazing visit see you again soon

Carol Mattingly said...

Such a gorgeous beautiful place. Love every word and photo. Wished I could get to New England.

Cindy said...

Lovely photos as always Sharon. So nice to have spring with us at last and now it's turning into summer. I too agree with you about last winter. In April when Ohio State held it's spring football game, I am usually all excited and can hardly wait until the real season starts in September. Not this year. Didn't even want to think about fall cause that meant winter would follow soon after. Nasty winter and I am still finding the results in my garden. Many plants didn't make it and some that did barely survive need drastic pruning.
Hope you are well and so glad to see your posts again.
Cindy

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Just gorgeous photos, Sharon. I love how you capture New England.

vesselsmemories said...

I love New England, and your photos are absolutely gorgeous!

Dawn
A Place for Pictures and Memories