Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spring romance


The rain, oh the rain! It's been like a deluge here in New England over the past several days, but finally the sun in shining and we're jumping right into summer with a heatwave beginning this Thursday. 

Thank you to everyone who commented on my previous post. Quite frankly I'm shocked that anyone reads my blog at all anymore, especially since I only publish once or twice every 6 months or so. But I really do thank you. 

This first image was taken in Little Compton, RI and every time I see it the view makes me sigh ... such a beautiful area. I'd move there in a heartbeat if it were feasible. 






Newburyport, Mass

How is your spring? Have you been out shooting much? 

If only our cameras could capture all the beauty the season holds. All the little nuances of budding flowers, lilac scented breezes, thick green grass, and even the return of the ever challenging dandilion. Once again the sun shines through the leaves and the Catbird cries as I type at my computer and sip a vanilla latte from Starbucks. These are the days we longed for in mid February. Finally they are here in all their glory. Relish every moment.

As we bid adieu to May, sweet June is knocking on Mother Natures door. Oh what a sweet month it is indeed.


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Once again, you've shared some beautiful photos! Definitely evidence of spring!

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful photos and I love the gnarly tree in the last one. We had the same awful rains here but today was sunny and warm. I have been out shooting spring every chance I get. It's such a beautiful time of year with all the blossoms coming on. Great to see you posting again. Blessings, Pamela

Pat said...

It seems like we had to wait so long for Spring to get here! And now June is just around the corner! I hope we don't have so many rainy days!

Beautiful photos! It's always nice to see a post from you.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful shots - thanks for sharing.
Yes - Spring took a side trip here also.
Enjoy your evening.

Laura said...

Well, you definitely need to post more often because these pictures are stunningly beautiful!

Susan said...

Hi Sharon....So happy to see your post. Hope you are well and happy.

Your photos, as always, mesmerize. Susan

Sheilagh said...

Your posts are like rare beautiful jewls and I love them.

Thank you,

Sheilagh xxx

Carolynn Anctil said...

Those are gorgeous photos of some truly lovely and romantic spots. This is my favourite time of year. *sigh*

Carolynn

Jan's camera said...

Hi Sharon, I love your header. And your photos are stunning. Get ready for the heatwave.

Donna said...

That top photo that you took is framed and hanging up in my family room. I bought it a few years ago on that website where you were selling some of your prints. It's a beautiful picture! I didn't realize it was taken in RI. That's where my husband's from. :)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I love you style when you take photos. Everything is gorgeous. Enjoyed my visit this morning.

Cindy said...

These are fantastic Sharon. I really love that first one. I think I'd move there too. We've been in the mid 90s for a few days and today the humidity was horrible. Hope your week is a good one.

Cindy

Wesley Crozier said...

A really great blog, thank you for sharing.

Pearl Maple said...

a beautiful post, the photos capture the spirit of the season beautifully