Friday, July 9, 2010

Let’s eat!

Baby birds

I just happened to come across these Barn Swallow (I think) babies when I stopped by a park last week. It seemed unusual for 3 Swallows to be just roosting there but within a minute or two one of the parents flew in.

swallows b  They were so darned cute! All vying for the next meal.

swallows on the wing

giving me the look

The closer I got the more uncomfortable they became. Here they are giving me the ‘look’

 

Whats up with her Then they gave each other the ‘look’. And then they were outta there!

 

When I looked to my left . . .

Gull 1

Someone else was giving me the look! A very quizzical look at that!

gull 2 He was getting rather close too! I think it was the click, click, click of my camera.

gull 3

Finally, he too decided I wasn’t safe to be around. Plus I wasn’t giving out treats, so off he flew. It was all good though and I left with a smile on my face : )

* Thank you all for your positive words about my blog. I’ll keep at it!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh... Ha ha... love all the looks the barn swallows were giving you and one another... it's like they all looked at one another and said, "uh-oh... we better high tail it outta here!".

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

The barn swallows giving you the "look" is great! What a cool photo. All of those are great captures actually.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Awww! Bet they would have been your friend if you had their favorite treats.
Have a great weekend.

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Haha, aww... so precious ♥

Susan B said...

Glad to hear you plan to continue your blog. Your beautiful pictures are often the highlight of my morning.

Jayne said...

Interestingly, one of the Barnie adults keeps coming back to my porch to roost at night. Not sure if it's mom or dad, and makes me wonder if it is mom, will she maybe try and nest here next season? That would be so very wonderful. Love seeing these babies, and your photos are fabulous Sharon!

Unknown said...

Hey, I think I've seen Lilly and Winna giving you that look before - at treat time! This is such a great post Sharon. I hope you never get tired of hearing that.

Kerri Farley said...

What a fabulous post Sharon! Those "looks" are priceless!!

Carol said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now, and decided it was time for me to stop and say hello! I REALLY enjoy your photography and your stories, and I'm glad to see you will be keeping it up.

I live south of you, on the South Shore of Massachusetts. I look forward to following more from your blog.
Carol :-)

My name is Riet said...

LOvely pictures Sharon. I love those little ones looking at you and then at one another. Gorgeous. I love the "looks"lol

Susan said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Susan

Laura said...

Those barn swallows are so precious! Lazy little birds - get out there and help your mamma get some food - LOL!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Great photos. I love barn swallows. And seagulls.

Have a great day!

Carolynn

Dawn Fine said...

Great birdies shots!
i read that you are using picnik..I love the effects u are using on some of your photos..is that from Picnik?
Also can u use it with Live writer? and why did u buy a a subscription ? what does it offer over the free version?

Keep blogging..i know what you mean..sometimes you loose the spark and energy for it..
take a short break..

then make sure you come back!

Thistlebrooms said...

Looks like the Seagull wanted
FOOD...
Just lovin' the swallows. Always enjoy watching the parents feeding their Brood!!!

Great shots...

My Best~Marilyn

Pat said...

That first photo is quite the catch! I love all of them, but that one wins the prize!