Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Moonset on Cadillac Mountain, and a Moose

Although we were only in the Bar Harbor/Acadia area for 2-1/2 days I made sure to see the sun come up and the moon go down each day. 

The photos below were taken from Cadillac mountain. How lucky am I that it just happened to be a full moon! Sometimes I'm not sure which is more impressive, the moonrise or the moonset. At about 6:15 in the morning this happened to be a moonset.
























Looking out over the other side of the mountain towards Bar Harbor, the sunrise behind the clouds cast a colorful glow. The Summit cruise ship heads into port on what would be another perfect day in Maine.





Although this image doesn't really tie in with the moon or sun I just think it's a cool view. If you've been to Bar Harbor you surely recognize the moose! 




14 comments:

Unknown said...

You photos are lovely. What a nice representation of one of the most beautiful places in Maine!

Carol Mattingly said...

You simply have to stop with the gorgeous images from Maine. It's killing me. Seriously, my favorite place to visit. And your images are absolutely stunning. Show more!!

Pamela Gordon said...

These are gorgeous images, Sharon. I love that view from Cadillac Mountain. I do remember the moose too and love this photo with the lights on at dusk. Thanks for sharing the beauty of Bar Harbour. It makes me want to go back again.

acorn hollow said...

So lovely we haven't been back in years and really don't live all that far away.
Cathy

Country Girl said...

Oh, I love these! Beautiful capture of the moon, the moose, the sky. Thanks, Sharon ~

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Gorgeous moon shots!

Anonymous said...

Love love love these shots, Sharon, and when I saw the moose the theme song from Northern Exposure started playing in my head. xox

WPgirl said...

Your photos are just beautiful Sharon. I hope to visit the east coast someday. Thanks for sharing.
Lynda in Michigan

Donna said...

Beautiful! Maybe one day I'll get up early enough to watch a moonset. It's neat that it could coincide with a sunrise too!

Carolynn Anctil said...

What a pretty spot, just ripe for exploring and kanoodling around in stores.
Blessings,
Carolynn

Lynda said...

Beautiful photos of the moonset, Sharon! Although I cannot imagine being out that early to capture it. I'll just enjoy your photos. :)

Janice Badger Nelson said...

Beautiful as always. The first picture is stunning.

Gayle said...

Your artistry is just breathtaking.