Monday, September 29, 2014

In honor of National Coffee Day let's enjoy a few early autumn images!



It's time for me to enjoy my daily afternoon coffee. 

It also seems like the perfect time to post a few images I shot this past Thursday while up north on the Kancamagus. 




It's not to often I buy Victoria magazine anymore but my curiosity was peaked when I realized it contained an article about the White Mountains of New Hampshire in the fall. Perfect reading for National Coffee Day!

Are you celebrating in any particular way? Or just a cup of joe as usual. Or maybe you're not a joe person at all.

 My hope was to get over to Lil's for a latte and some people watching but that was not to be. Instead I have enjoyed the company of my animals along with a wonderful walk with my neighbor and good friend, Dottie.






Each year I try to make at least one trip up north to view the fall foliage in all it's glory, and though the trees weren't quite at peak, they were pretty impressive. Let me just say if you can get to New England to see the foliage, this is the year to do it! The colors are the most brilliant I've seen in several years. Last winter might have been an absolute bear but we are definitely reaping its rewards this fall!




Seeing as how we live along the coast of NH my husband and I decided to drive 93 north to up around the Loon Mountain area. From there we hopped onto the Kancamagus, had a delicious lunch at Half Baked & Fully Brewed  in Lincoln then continued the 34 mile journey to route 16 in Conway.


I hope you enjoy just a taste of the scenery.










Lily Pond






























Swift River














Although the colors were not very impressive in town this tree happened to catch my eye while we waited in traffic. It's located just across from the fire department on 16 in Conway. 

Thanks for tagging along on my day trip!

Happy National Coffee Day! Happy Autumn! Happy everything :)


18 comments:

Carol Mattingly said...

Beautiful. I've only driven one time thru the White Mountains from Vermont to Maine, but it was a great place and I loved the ruggedness of it. Carol

My Cozy Corner said...

Hi
I'm so happy to find your blog. My husband and I are planning a trip next September and I'm getting great ideas for our trip. Keep posting your beautiful area.
Joyously,
Betty @ My Cozy Corner

Pamela Gordon said...

I'm not a joe drinker as I love my tea (on my 3rd mug). I love your photos of the coffee and Victoria Magazine. I have looked at that magazine several times in the store but haven't bought it yet. Love the pics of the fall scenery in NH. We've been all through there many times over the years and it is really beautiful. We drove over to Maine yesterday to see the colours there and back to NB and were not disappointed. They are almost peaked here already. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

Lynda said...

Beautiful Autumn photos, Sharon! Some of our trees have already lost most of their leaves so the colour is a little sparse in places.

Happy National Coffee Day!

Cindy said...

As always, I love seeing your beautiful New England. Always makes me want to move there, except for your harsh winters. Ours are bad enough. Your leaves are just gorgeous. It's been so dry here the last few weeks, ours are finally turning a little, but falling more from dryness. But, we are getting a touch of color admidst still a lot of green. It may be a late fall for us as summer is still trying to hang on, which is fine by me. No hurry to repeat winter. So nice to see you blogging again.
Cindy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful colors of Fall. Everything still green in my area.
Have not had coffee last few days. Going thru one of my not enough sleep periods, so cut the caffeine for now.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Gorgeous colour!

I love my coffee in the mornings(!) No special celebrations, just business as usual.

Happy Autumn,
Carolynn

barbara l. hale said...

Gorgeous! I feel really blessed to be a resident of New England this time of year.

Gayle said...

Breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you for taking us with you. Your photos are exquisite. :::sigh:::

Jan's camera said...

Lovely photos. I haven't been up that way in a long time. Thanks for photos.

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I miss fall in New England so much!

vesselsmemories said...

Happy Autumn! We also live near the NH coast...New Hampshire is a great place to live! Love your pictures, looks like we visited many of the same places. Thanks for sharing :)

Dawn
@ A Place for Pictures and Memories

SueH said...

Thank you for these gorgeous pics from the White Mountains National Park - it brought back memories of visiting this time last year (but our trip over from 'Old' England to the 'New' was a tad early for the Autumn colours:-/)


Elaine said...

Your foliage shots are fantastic. Aren't we lucky to live in New England? There is no place I would rather live.

I am sure I had a coffee on National Coffee Day. I pretty much celebrate coffee day every day!

I still subscribe to Victoria. It is still interesting although I believe the quality has dropped off a bit.

El said...

You took some sensational photos. Absolutely beautiful. Victoria is a beautiful magazine too

June said...

No place does Autumn like NE. and these photos are gorgeous! Thank you for posting about your way north and taking me along with you . I have always dreamed of visiting NH in the fall and seeing this beauty for myself. I really love this typical NE house with it's beautiful tree too.
I think I'm good for the rest of my day now :)))

Molly said...

Your Pictures are stunning.
We visited Longwood Gardens a few weeks ago and can`t wait to go there again.
Lovely hugs
Molly

Molly said...

Your Pictures are stunning.
Lovely hugs
Molly