Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Good Morning in Bar Harbor, Maine


All of the photos below were taken yesterday morning (9/10/14) around 6:00 am. Morning sun is so golden and glorious, especially on the water.



















This guy was a trouble maker. He seemed to find joy in pulling brochures from the holders and dropping them on the dock all the while squawking, clicking, and cackling.












If you've ever been to Bar Harbor, Maine I hope these images bring back calming memories. And if you haven't been, maybe you'll be spurned on to make the trip. This was our first getaway (brief as it may have been) to Mt. Desert Island and I have to say it was heavenly. I'd highly recommend visiting in September. The weather is still warm, all the kids have gone back to school, and it's mostly seniors  or empty nesters visiting the area. My only complaint is that I couldn't have stayed longer.

I'll try to upload more images from our getaway!



15 comments:

Elaine said...

You outdid yourself Sharon! These are spectacular. How beautiful it looks bathed in morning light.

I have never been to Bar Harbor. Now I know I have to visit.

Georgianna said...

Stunning images, Sharon!! I hope to visit Maine before long and your photos really reinforce the desire!

Anonymous said...

Love! Still waiting for us to make the time to visit Bar Harbor as well. What golden times you had!

Diane Hakey

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing the photos of your part of the country - thanks for sharing. So pretty and looks like a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
Good to see you posting again.

Pamela Gordon said...

HI Sharon. Thank you for your beautiful photos of Bar Harbour. We went last September and enjoyed a very sunny and hot weekend with friends touring around the area and visiting all the seaports along Route 1 all the way back to NB. It was so much fun and so beautiful. Have a lovely weekend. Pam

Gayle said...

Just lovely! What a wonderful reminder of my trip there. Your photos are just beautiful. Thank you.

magan33 said...

I spent the first half of my childhood in Maine and ever since have lived in the south. Your pictures absolutely warm my heart with memories and I truly enjoy them :) Wish it wasn't so far away so I could visit more often.

Country Girl said...

Magazine quality, Sharon. Wonderful. Wonderful!

Beth in NEPA said...

Lovely pictures. Having lived in Maine for over 20 years I was fortunate to go often. And both my kids worked in that area during summers of their college years. My favorite place on the island however was S.W. Harbor. And eating fried clams at a great restaurant there, right across the road from the ocean. Of course I can't remember the name.

Unknown said...

For years I made the trek to Bar Harbor for a full day all by myself every summer. The past couple of years, I haven't been able to do so, as my husband is still mending from a couple of knee replacement surgeries. Thanks for sharing the photos and bringing back memeories....maybe I'll get there before the month is out.

Cindy said...

Love your photos Sharon and have missed you. I too was away at the water on vacation last week. We were on an island off the coast of Alabama. Very deserted and serene, but extremely hot. Wonderful time away to rest and relax.
Cindy

Carol Mattingly said...

Sharon Bar Harbor images are gorgeous. Took me back to my trip a few years ago. Hoping to get back there next year. Carol

Carolynn Anctil said...

What an exceptionally beautiful spot. One day, I would dearly love to visit this part of the world. The photos are lovely and the crow made me laugh. I can almost smell the salt air.

Blessings,
Carolynn

sonia a. mascaro said...

Stunning pictures! :)

Donna said...

I just pinned that last amazing photo to Pinterest...I hope you don't mind! Truly gorgeous.