Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fishing for two



During the Summer our friends used to rent a house on Mousam Lake in Maine. It's a wonderful, clean lake and we've so enjoyed ourselves each year we've had the chance to visit. Unfortunately our friends aren't renting the house any longer but I wanted to share with you 2 of my favorite images from our first trip about 4-5 years ago.


In the photos is my husband and our friends oldest son, Nicholas. Although my husband really doesn't know much about fishing, I'd venture the two of them had a good conversation about what's out there in that lake. Looking at these images always made me wish we had a boy of our own. My husbands so great with kids. Not to mention he would have a golf/basketball/running/biking partner!



Both photos were taken with my old Konica Minolta Dimage Z2, and I could just kick myself for resizing them and not saving the originals. Live and learn. And boy have I learned!

What are you all up to this 4th of July week-end?

18 comments:

Laura said...

Such sweet pictures, Sharon! We've been doing some much needed yard work - trying to take advantage of the lower humidity over the past few days! A little antique shopping too which I always love! Have a good weekend.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Those are so sweet & endearing. Your husband's gentle nature comes through in the image, as does the intensity & seriousness of the young boy's questions. So beautiful and calm. Nothing beats the authenticity of a candid shot, does it.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Bet they could tell some fish stories. :D
Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

It's a gorgeous photo, Sharon. Enjoy your week-end!

Di

Erin | Bygone Living said...

What a beautiful moment! Hope you enjoy your weekend ♥

Jayne said...

It always makes me smile to see two guys fishing, particularly if one is little. :c) Sweet images Sharon. We will meet up at my mom's for a nice meal and reflect on our blessings. Have a great 4th!

altar ego said...

Lovely, peaceful images that warm the heart.

It's a pretty average weekend around here. No plans, though we will cook a chicken and corn on the cob on the grill. Fireworks on TV.

Unknown said...

Sharon, your work is powerful and evokes so much emotion. What a treat it is to see the world through your eyes and what a tremendous gift you have.
Happy Fourth!
love and hugs from Texas

Elaine said...

The shots do look like they're of a father and son. There is a sweet serenity to both photos.

Great lighting too.

We had our annual Wimbledon breakfast
this morning. Although I had a great time, I am exhausted. Happy 4th!

Allison said...

Happy 4th, Sharon! Great shots. A long, long time ago I was with someone who's family owned a small cottage on Horn Pond, a lake that straddled the ME and NH border. It was paradise. I think of that place often.

Pool party on the third, quiet day celebrating on the 4th and another pool party today!

I love the quality of the light in the photos.

Pat said...

That's truly a "KODAK" moment! Precious!

sebi_2569 said...

nice blog;and nice photo; bravo

MaineBirder said...

I learned the same lesson a few years ago.

I love the composition and the lighting in these two photos. Excellent captures Sharon!

The Curious Cat said...

So sweet...we can only imagine the conversation but I bet it was a good one! xxx

Kerri Farley said...

Cool captures Sharon!

Just back from vacation over the weekend and back to work for me.

Shelley said...

These are the type of photos that make you long for your childhood and make you nostalgic - wonderful!

P.S. The loons have not tried re-nesting. I just have the male left and he fishes on the lake by himself. Quite sad really.

Erica Houskeeper said...

Hi Sharon. What a sweet, natural moment you captured. There is such tenderness in these photos, and your husband looks like he's having a wonderful time.

Katy's Neverending Story said...

Beautiful pics!