Thursday, October 8, 2009

Harvest Moon

Early Sunday evening I went to the train station to pick up my friend Nancy. She had arrived from Boston and was spending the night at my house before making a quick exit the next afternoon (it always goes so quickly) back to Beantown.

On our way home from the train I decided to take the back way, driving by Chapmans Landing. As we came over the bridge ... WOW! The Harvest moon had just risen over the bay and was a soft pink color.


These aren't exactly close up shots because I didn't think my camera would be able to get them without a tripod. I should have at least tried though. The moon was rising so fast I knew time was limited.


And then just like that, it started going behind clouds

Looking up river was just as pink, just as foggy, and just as pretty.

~

*Life has been a very busy lately and it's next to impossible for me to keep up with everyone's blogs, so I want to publicly thank all those who stop by and leave comments. Thank you all very much!

Sharon

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots. Love the hue of pink.

Anonymous said...

Amazing and so glad you were able to catch these shots. Our sunrise today was gorgeous but I did not take the time to get the shots so here I am enjoying yours! LOL

Di

Andora said...

Those are amazing shots!!! It is so beautiful there...did you get a shot of the train??? I would love to take a long ride on one of those trains....take care...

Donna said...

Just beautiful, Sharon! I love how HUGE the mooon sometimes is when it first appears in the sky. You captured it perfectly!... Donna

Elaine said...

Glad you stopped to take photos. Your harvest moon shots are wonderful.

Lovely shades of pink.

My name is Riet said...

Very beautiful photo's. So special. Great shots. Hav a nice weekend

Loree said...

Awesome shots.

Jayne said...

Wow.... I just checked out Nancy's site. Gorgeous work! The moon was so very beautiful and the pink glow it cast, magical.

Kerri Farley said...

These are fabulous Sharon! WOW!

clairz said...

I am so glad you were carrying your camera, although I'm pretty sure you always do. Lovely shots, thank you for sharing them with us.

Cindy said...

Beautiful photos Sharon. Really love them. Have a great weekend.

Cedar ... said...

Nice shot of the moon and the pink river. I always see the best shots when i don't have my camera with me, you aced those shots because you had your camera!

Sea Witch said...

I have tagged you for the Honest Scrap Award. Check out my recent posting at http://musingsofaseawitch.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-scrap-award-me-me-me.html for info. Sea Witch

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Beautiful! I can hear Neil Young now......

Balisha said...

Such beauty in our world. Glad you manage to capture some of it in pictures.
Balisha

Pat said...

Beautiful shots - I love the mist coming off the water.

I love photos of the moon, too.

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe I was standing right there when you took these amazing photos Sharon. Thank you for letting me invade your home and visit with you and your family again. I always feel I am traveling to a different world when I am in New England, so beautiful.
big ole hugs...

The Retired One said...

I don't know about the moon, but oooooooh that mist! Magical!
Wonderful, wonderful shots!

Alyson | New England Living said...

WOW! That first shot just took my breath away. You have such a great eye.

Dog Trot Farm said...

The Fall sky is amazing just as your photo's are. Hope you girls had a great time catching up with one another, time with gal pals always goes by to quickly.

B. said...

So Beautiful! Your area is just beautiful! I have never seen New England area, but these pictures are making me want to put it on my list

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh so pretty! I love that view from chapman's landing. It's always so pretty driving west there.

The Curious Cat said...

oh my...breath-taking, simply breath-taking! So glad I found this blog!!!

Dawn Fine said...

Beautiful harvest moon photos! fab!