Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A sign of good things to come

 

 Applecrest

A very popular local farm market to pick or buy apples in the fall as well as many yummy goodies such as pies, jellies, donuts, maple syrup, and more. As a general rule we try to stay away during apple season since it tends to get a little bit of a fair-like atmosphere, which I don’t particularly care for. But as my husband and I drove by almost 2 weeks ago I was struck by all the beautiful trees in bloom. Apple blossoms almost as far as the eye could see!

I found myself there a couple days later to capture the beauty of Applecrest instead of the chaos ; )

bee boxes

 From a distance I thought these were apple picking bins. Um . . . I was wrong.  They were bee boxes swarming with thousands of honey bee’s! I tried to get a little closer but since we just watched a show on Killer bee’s a few weeks ago I’m still a bit freaked out.

 orchard dandies

 Who says Dandelions can’t be beautiful? The contrast is amazing!

 

Under the trees

Just think, every blossom you see will be an apple very shortly. That’s a lot of apples!

orchard view b Standing on a rock as high as I can; but it still doesn’t come close to showing you the enormity of apple tree’s on this hill

DSCF4345 cHoney bee doing his thing. Judging by his legs I’d say he’s been doing his thing on a few other flowers before this one

 

DSCF4368 b In the next field over . . . who knew weeds could be so impressive?

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

And  . . .

 

DSCF4265 c

Recently I saw a lone Canadian Goose chillin’ in the middle of a huge field of Dandelions. Wonder if anyone else saw it?

 

Goose eats

In the birds defense, he was pretty far out in the field. Sometimes I think birding while driving is like texting! Eye’s on the road people!

goose field

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon!!!! Your pics are always so beautiful!

xoxoxo
Donna Brodie

Anonymous said...

Ah, springtime! Love it.

Cedar ... said...

Sharon, I especially like the shot of the bee doing his thing in the apple blossoms. That would make a great jigsaw puzzle!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful photos. you do much better than me, as I missed a lot of good pictures this past weekend on my trip, because I can't drive & take pictures too.
Glenda