Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rye Harbor

The past few years in the second week of August, Brent has been running the Saunders At Rye Harbor 10k. Or if your a native New Englander you might say 'Rye Habah'.

This years race is still a week and half away (for some reason it's the third week), while last year I didn't attend. However, 2 years ago as I stood around ... waiting 40 minutes and 50 seconds ... I decided to take a few pictures of the scenery. It's a quintessential little New England spot with plenty of rustic boats, large barnicle covered rocks, piers, wild roses, and Lobstah shacks. Ayyup!


Saunders at Rye Harbor Restaurant in the distance

Fresh from the ocean to you!

There he is, running in the orange shirt! Out of 546 runners Brent placed 40th. Not to bad, huh?


From Rye Harbor you can take an
Island Cruise, go on a Whale Watch, pick up some fresh Steamers (clams) or Lobster, or like me, just sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery.


I hope you enjoyed a moment in New Hampshah!


4 comments:

Gee said...

Oh Sharon, what is not to love about New England! Thank you for these great pictures and best of luck to Brent... maybe he will be 35th this year....

Unknown said...

Hey Sharon - these pictures are gorgeous - makes me want to paint boats - and the rocks and flowers along the shore, too. I love your new blog layout, too!! it is wonderful. How did Brent do in the race? I hope his hip behaved itself and he had a good one.
xxooo

Laura said...

That settles it - I'm coming to visit sometime! What serene beauty, and I love lobster!

A New England Life said...

Gee, thanks for stopping by! New England is surely a beautiful place in the Summer! If the weather is nice I'll be sure to take some new photo's next week : )

Nancy, so glad you like the scenery. I know you would enjoy sitting there on a bench eating a picnic lunch. Away from your 100 degree heat!

Laura, you are always welcome! With a little advance notice that is ; )