Saturday, July 12, 2008

And then there's Luna . . .

Lovely Luna is no angel that's for sure, but she does the best she can.
Coming from who knows what kind of home, to me she shows signs of over stimulation and aggression. Sweet as the day is long when we went to meet herat the shelter (all a big ploy to break out!), that wasn't nessessarily the case once she arrived home. She doesn't like to held and only wants affection when she's ready. It's amazing how far she's come physically though since we adopted her 3 years ago. Over weight and shaved, top and bottom, she has since slimmed down and grown a gorgeous black coat.


And though she seems like she would prefer to be left alone, Phineas works on softening her up on a daily basis. He has brought an excitement and energy into her life that was sorely lacking. Of course she's still not going to snuggle with him anytime soon.







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And she has a big crush on me!

Knead On ~

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I got so flustered, that I can't even type my name right!

Jenn: said...

She is so incredibly beautiful. I have always enjoyed looking at her pictures. Her name fits her.

Kiki (at the bridge) was the same way. She was all loveedovee and loved to be brushed too. Brought her home, and she bit the brush and was so aloof, sometimes we forgot we had a cat!

Anonymous said...

I have that effect on all the boys Calvin ; >

A New England Life said...

Jenn,

Aloof is the perfect word to describe Luna. Phin thinks she's got it going on though so that's good. Maybe someday she'll mellow out and become a little more friendly. We just let her do her own thing, and she has a good life.

Debbi said...

Sharon...she is such a lovely cat. When I was a young girl, I grew up with cats all over the place...now I just have 2 dogs. But Luna is a lovely cat!!

Findlay Furs said...

We love Luna!
Especially when she is mischievous! MOL

jade said...

Oih, Luna look a like my cat Jade :))